Product Owner (Sydney, Australia)
Block8 is the leading blockchain venture studio. We believe that blockchain technology will transform the way people and machines transact in the digital economy. Block8 partners with founders, start-ups, and enterprises to create new products and services using distributed systems.
Block8 has an exciting opportunity for a Product Owner to join our agile team. As a Product Owner at Block8 you will be in charge of defining and managing innovative products in a space that is largely untapped, which has the potential to create a positive change in many aspects of our lives.
Reporting to the Chief Delivery Officer, this role will:
- Assist our Solution Architect during the design phase to help ensure that the problem domain has been clearly articulated and all possible ideas, concepts and relevant technologies explored as part of defining the solution design
- Define and prioritise a product roadmap that is focused on delivering value to the customer in the short term while setting a clear direction for the product in the long term
- Continually groom the product backlog, create, and prioritise well defined user stories with clearly articulated acceptance criteria which can be communicated effectively to the development team during planning meetings
- Devise strategies to gather regular feedback and information from numerous sources to effectively validate and manage the performance of the product on an ongoing basis
- Understand that there is much more to a good product than just a pretty UI, and empower the team to build the product in a way that delivers value quickly but sustainably
- This role will best suit a person with an agency mindset who loves the variety of working with different customers and projects, including transitioning product ownership to an internal team at the end of the project.
- Proven track record building successful software products as a Product Owner and an exceptional ability to clearly articulate what makes a good product
- Ability to distil the essence of a customer's vision into clearly articulated objectives, problem statements, personas, feature set descriptions (Epics) and identify any risks and assumptions made as a result
- Ability to cut through complexity and remain focused on the customer's core product and business objectives
- Ability to synthesise many pieces of disparate and detailed information into a coherent and holistic understanding of the product
- Extensive experience defining and building products in an agile environment
- Technically competent and able to understand and communicate technical constraints to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to negotiate and exert influence to get win-win outcomes
- Proven stakeholder management skills and an ability to build working relationships based on trust
- Must be organised, have good judgment, and be adept at balancing other people’s input with clear decision making
- Experience with blockchain platforms like Ethereum and Corda
- Experience working with Confluence, Jira and Trello
- Experience working with Product Managers and Product Designers