Senior Software Test Engineer (Chandigarh, India)
At Redbelly, we aspire to a world where everyone, everywhere has equal access to the economic infrastructure they need to improve their lives and are hard at work building our revolutionary open finance platform based on Distributed Ledger Technology to deliver on that vision.
At the heart of the Redbelly platform lies our novel Democratic Byzantine Fault Tolerant (DBFT) consensus developed under the leadership of our CTO, Associate Professor Vincent Gramoli in collaboration with The University of Sydney and CSIRO’s
Data61; two very prestigious institutions in Australia. While we are immensely proud of our achievements to date which, among others, include an unprecedented consensus performance of 100,000 TPS with 100 nodes tolerating up to 33 byzantine nodes, a deterministic consensus translating to quasi finality and a highly secure blockchain that does not fork, our gaze remains firmly on the future and on the numerous leading-edge technological challenges we will have to face and overcome in order to realise our ambition.
To make this possible, we see ourselves first and foremost as a product company where passionate product, engineering and delivery people work and ideate collaboratively as part of autonomous product teams to unleash the full potential of our complex technology on solving real-world problems for real businesses through captivating user experiences.
Ultimately, we attribute our continued success to all our talented and committed people, a belief that is reflected in our values:
- Empowerment through ownership: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- People not titles: “To build a strong team, you must see someone else’s strength as a complement to your weakness and not a threat to your position or authority” - Christine Caine
- Fierce curiosity: “The power to question is the basis of all human progress” - Indira Gandhi
- Solid together: “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team” – Phil Jackson
- Find a way: “Fall seven times, stand up eight” - Japanese proverb
- Unwavering Integrity: “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it” - Marcus Aurelius
As we embark on scaling our organisation, we will be on the lookout for a number of great people with varied skill sets to join us. If you think you have what it takes then please do not hesitate to get in touch!
We are looking for a Test Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
Test Engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements, define and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts).
The Test Engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organisation and problem-solving skills. If you also have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies, we’d like
to meet you.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Test Engineer
- Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with black box testing (Contactor)
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Formulation of test strategies based on requirements and constraints
- Adept at devising Test plans incorporating both manual and automated testing, triage etc in an Agile environment
- Able to recommend process changes required to support testing best practice
- Takes the initiative and is a problem solver (people, technical and process problems)
- Team player - supportive, collaborative, transparent and puts the needs of their team first
- Able to constructively put their point across but equally willing to listen to other people’s point and adapt where needed
- Practical automation testing skills (Web/System/ BlockChain) - can roll their sleeves and and develop automated testing scripts when and as needed
- Strong knowledge in Java/TypeScript extensive knowledge building frameworks. Candidate should be able to customize frameworks by utilizing available open source tools in test automation
- Basic knowledge of Blockchain testing and tools like Hardhat, Truffle etc.
- Understanding of system testing, applications debugging, well versed with shell scripting
- Strong understanding of programming principles OOPS, design patterns
- Mentoring skills - able and willing to develop junior team members
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in identify, recommend implement and track QA processes
- Excellent knowledge on building, maintaining QA matrices
- Experience in building, managing QA teams for both manual and automation
- Willing to start as an individual contributor, leading the path and eventually building a team of QAs as per needs of organisation
- Presentation skills
- Solid understanding of and experience working with and testing Blockchain/DLT technologies and dApps
- Leadership skills - able to take people on a journey towards pre-defined objectives
- White box testing
Perks of working at Redbelly:
- Work with some of the brightest minds in the blockchain industry
- Work-life balance
- Company wide hackathons
- Company-sponsored health and life insurance
- Healthy working environment with a focus on culture, values and individual development
- Fun and spacious office space including plenty of breakout areas, stocked pantry, library, pool tables, foosball, PS4 and many other in-house games
- Total 29 days of annual leave with regional optional holidays applicable to all employees
1st Round of interviews: Aptitude test Candidates are required to complete an aptitude and programming MCQ test which will be shared with them upon request. Only after successful completion and scoring the threshold in both areas, candidates will be eligible for the next round.
2nd Round of interviews: Technical Interview After completion of 1st round, candidate is required to attend interview with our Senior software engineer or Solution architect, this interview may take more than 1 round on sole discretion of interviewers
3rd Round of interviews: Interview round with leadership team After successfully completing the technical interview, candidates are required to attend a final interview with our leadership team. This interview round will be led by the Head of Delivery and may include others from the leadership team.
4th Round of interviews: Psychometric test After all these, there will be a final psychometric test which will help us in understanding the cultural fit of the candidate. It is just a 30 mins test with no right or wrong answer but is essential in making the final decision.