Senior Software Engineer (Chandigarh, India)
Start Block8 is the leading blockchain venture studio. We believe that blockchain technology will transform the way people and machines trade in the digital economy. Block8 builds and grows blockchain companies by leveraging our network, expertise and access to capital.
Block8 has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Developer to join our agile team and work on leading edge projects and technologies. As a Senior Software Engineer you will bring best practices in every aspect of Software Development at Block8. To be effective in this role you will need solid hands-on experience in a broad range of technical disciplines.
In return, you will be working in the recently fit-out Block8 office, with some of the brightest minds in the blockchain space.
Reporting to the Technical Team Lead, in this role you will be responsible for:
- Familiarising yourself with Block8's development standards and not only ensuring that you and other members of your team are conforming to the standards. Champion code readability, maintainability, reuse, testability and extensibility.
- Proactively working with the Technical Development Manager to ensure that the development standards are continually improved and remain fit for purpose.
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of your to help them develop technical skills.
- Proactively tracking and monitoring the quality of the work produced by your team members and working with the team to take remedial actions when necessary. You along with your technical team lead will ultimately be accountable for meeting defined quality standards.
- Ensuring that all aspects of a user story have been clearly understood during planning sessions, and that all relevant sub-tasks have been defined to a sufficient level as to make the user story relatively easy to estimate consistently.
- Acting as a technical subject matter expert and draw from your technical experience to help the team with architectural, design and technology stack selection when kicking off new projects along with Technical Team Lead. Ensure that all relevant non functional requirements are given due consideration when making critical solution design and architectural decisions.
- A degree in either computer science, IT, engineering or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years experience in Software Engineering including software design, architecture, implementation, deployment and support.
- Solid hands-on experience with database design and normalisation with experience in working with any relational database.
- Solid hands-on experience with various types of application architecture philosophies and able to draw from that experience to make architecture decisions based on the situation and requirements at hand.
- Solid object oriented design skills and good understanding of design patterns and when to apply them.
- Great communication, verbal and written skills.
- Good understanding of software development processes, automation and testing.
- Willingness to coach people to help them develop their technical skills.
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools.
- Experience with Blockchain platforms like Ethereum and Corda.
- Exposure to JIRA and Confluence.
Perks of working at Block8
- Work with some of the brightest minds in the blockchain industry
- Work-life balance
- Company wide hackathons
- Company-sponsored health and life insurance
- Healthy working environment with a focus on culture, values and individual development
- Fun and spacious office space including plenty of breakout areas, stocked pantry, library, pool tables, foosball, PS4 and many other in-house games
- Total 29 days of annual leave with regional optional holidays applicable to all employees
1st Round of interviews: Aptitude test Candidates are required to complete an aptitude and programming MCQ test which will be shared with them upon request. Only after successful completion and scoring the threshold in both areas, candidates will be eligible for the next round.
2nd Round of interviews: Technical Interview After completion of 1st round, candidate is required to attend interview with our Senior software engineer or Solution architect, this interview may take more than 1 round on sole discretion of interviewers
3rd Round of interviews: Interview round with leadership team After successfully completing the technical interview, candidates are required to attend a final interview with our leadership team. This interview round will be led by the Head of Delivery and may include others from the leadership team.
4th Round of interviews: Psychometric test After all these, there will be a final psychometric test which will help us in understanding the cultural fit of the candidate. It is just a 30 mins test with no right or wrong answer but is essential in making the final decision.