Software Test Engineer (Chandigarh, India)
Block8 is the leading blockchain venture studio. We believe that blockchain technology will transform the way people and machines trade in the digital economy. Block8 builds and grows blockchain companies by leveraging our network, expertise and access to capital.
Block8 has an exciting opportunity for a Test Engineer to join our agile team and work on leading-edge projects and technologies. As a Test Engineer, you will help us follow & execute our software testing practices to ensure we can deliver quality products that are loved and trusted by our customers and users.
In return, you will be working in the recently fit-out Block8 office, with some of the brightest minds in the blockchain space.
Reporting to the QA Lead, in this role you will be responsible for ensuring that Block8 is able to consistently predict the quality of all its software releases by:
- Working with the Product Owner, Developers and QA members to develop test plans and test cases.
- Executing test cases defined in various test cycles and ensuring test results is readily accessible to all relevant stakeholders.
- Work with QA lead/STE to maintain high quality in project deliverables.
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies to clarify requirements and add value to the deliverables.
- Developing automation test scripts to minimise the risk of regression defects.
- Remaining up to date with latest software testing trends and tools and leveraging these to continuously strengthen Block8 test practices.
- Extensive experience developing test plans and test cases in an agile environment.
- Extensive experience in testing methodologies and techniques to design high quality test cases.
- Knowledge of API testing methods using postman/SoapUI or any other standard tool. Understanding of microservice-based architecture.
- Good understanding of software development life cycle.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written English communication skills.
- Practical experience with at least one industry-leading test management tool.
- Demonstrable proficiency with at least one programming language.
- Basic knowledge of OOps concepts, design patterns and other best practices in programming.
- Good knowledge of core java including collections, interfaces, exceptions and threading.
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks like TestNG, and JUnit.
- Experience with at least one industry-leading test automation tool.
- Experience working with Confluence, Jira and Trello.
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification
- Experience in UI automation using Selenium / Cypress.
- Experience in API automation using RestAssured.
Perks of working at Block8
- Work with some of the brightest minds in the blockchain industry
- Work-life balance
- Company-wide hackathons
- Company-sponsored health and life insurance
- Healthy working environment with a focus on culture, values and individual development
- Fun and spacious office space including plenty of breakout areas, stocked pantry, library, pool tables, foosball, PS4 and many other in-house games
- Total 29 days of annual leave with regional optional holidays applicable to all employees
1st Round of interviews: Aptitude test Candidates are required to complete an aptitude and programming MCQ test which will be shared with them upon request. Only after successful completion and scoring the threshold in both areas, candidates will be eligible for the next round.
2nd Round of interviews: Technical Interview After completion of the 1st round, the candidate is required to attend an interview with our Senior software engineer or Solution architect, this interview may take more than 1 round at the sole discretion of the interviewer.
3rd Round of interviews: Interview round with leadership team After successfully completing the technical interview, candidates are required to attend a final interview with our leadership team. This interview round will be led by the Head of Delivery and may include others from the leadership team.
4th Round of interviews: Psychometric test After all these, there will be a final psychometric test which will help us in understanding the cultural fit of the candidate. It is just a 30 mins test with no right or wrong answer but is essential in making the final decision.